Looking for authentic Asian style toppings? Our canned Grass Jelly Concentrate is a popular Asian dessert you'll fall in love with.
Also known as black jelly, xian-cao, or leung fan in Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and other Southeast Asia countries, Grass Jelly is a traditional herbal jello made of mesona chinensis, and a favorite guilty pleasure to eat. Its smooth, bittersweet herbal texture and taste pairs perfectly with bubble tea drinks, and shaved ice desserts.
* Product comes in a liquid form, and must be cooked before eating. Follow the "Recipes" tab below.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Net Weight: 6.6 lbs per can, 48 lbs per case (6 lbs, 6 Bottles / Case)
Country of Origin: Taiwan
Also see our Grass Jelly Powder
Ingredients: WATER, MESONA CHINENSIS, SODIUM CARBONATE ANHYDROUS, GRASS JELLY FLAVOR.
Storage & Care:
Refrigerate open but unused part in an airtight container.
* Processed in a production line that also processes nuts and peanuts
You Might Also Like
The measurement of oz is by volume (fl. oz).
To adjust portions/servings, use a Recipe Resizer: https://bakingcalculators.com/resizerecipe/Default.aspx
Grass Jelly Topping (Large Size for Commercial Use)
6.6 lbs Grass Jelly Concentrate (Liquid Form)
30 lbs water (480 oz.)
190 g corn starch
1. In a very large pot, mix together the whole can of Grass Jelly Concentrate Liquid and water, and bring to boil.
2. Whisk together corn starch with small amount of water until the starch gets dissolved. Pour it into the grass jelly mixture. Bring it to boil again, then turn the heat off.
3. Let the mixture cool completely, then store in a refrigerator until becoming jello form.
*If desiring to serve hot grass jelly, skip step 3.
*Suggested serving size as topping: 100-150 g.
*It is recommended to serve the jelly within 4 days of making.
*Keep the jelly refrigerated. Do not freeze.
*If desiring to make smaller amount at once, follow the ratio of Grass Jelly Concentrate to water as 1:5.